Friday, January 11, 2013

Pantone Color of the Year 2013

Every year Pantone names a new color of the year!  This affects all design industries- both fashion and interiors.  Last year was tangerine tango, 2011 was honeysuckle, 2010 was turquoise (ah, turquoise....I remember this most of all), and so on.  This year's color has been named EMERALD GREEN.


It's kind of ironic because I absolutely love this color, and just recently bought two items in it..... (and I have not been shopping hardly at all lately!!)  (**ala anthro and madewell)



I love emerald green for the rich, bold color that it is. I also feel like it can be an extremely fresh, happy, vibrant hue when paired with a neutral color palette.

My favorite use is in a green velvet upholstery.  It looks so rich and inviting.  This is paired with the classic trellis pattern

More velvet love
Even more velvet love.  But really loving the chandelier, white sofa and patchwork rug.
I love this glossy Emerald Green wall. What a statement, and it looks classy!

Another wall painted. This time it's paired with contrasting colors. for a really bold statement.

Go glam or go home.  Emerald is a perfect fit for an accent color in the Hollywood Regency style
If you don't want to go big, but want to be in on the trend, add some Emerald in small doses...a bauble or chachki, lamp, bookend, pillow
So, are you going to hop on the Emerald Green train?

1 comment:

  1. I just bought earrings like those! I almost got you some for your birthday, good thing I didn't! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...