Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Banner

Hello today!  How are all of you?  I hope you are staying warm seeing as though it is in the 30s outside.  Brrrr.  As a result me and the boys have been coming up with crafts, games and new things to do indoors.  So today I bring you a little DIY (and more coming in the next few posts!).  I can hardly believe Thanksgiving is just around the corner! My kids just went trick-or-treating on Sunday (due to the hurricane) so we are a little behind.  I get so pumped for Christmas decorations and music and everything that I tend to skip over Thanksgiving decorations. However, especially at this time after the hurricane devastation, I have much to be thankful for.  So I wanted to create a little banner as a reminder of how blessed my family is.


You can pick whatever colors you want, but I wanted to keep it simple.  I am no banner wizard at all, but this turned out pretty easy.

First trace and cut out whatever shape you like for your banner letter background.





Then add a border and letters (I cheated and used sticker letters)


Next, hot glue your letters to a ribbon of choice, and VOILA!




I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, how cheap and easy it was, and it's my own original creation.

Here's to being thankful for a roof over our head, electricity and heat, and healthy families!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...