Thursday, November 29, 2012

Christmas and Holiday Decorating

I love decorating for Christmas.  I love dimming the lights, putting on Christmas music, and adding some magic to our home.  It is even more fun to have little 'helpers' around who get just as excited.  Here are a few Christmas decorating ideas for this year....some are pinterest finds, others just new ideas.  Enjoy!

Fill your windows with doilies or cut out snowflakes.....and PERFECT activity to do with kids.  I've done it the past 2 days with Christmas music on, and they (and I) love it!  Perfect winter decoration to keep all season.

 Banister idea: garland and a place to hang your Christmas cards

Kids room: Wall Light Tree.  Twinkle lights are just magical.  Kids (and adults) will love any reason to put them up.  Could be a winter decoration if just strung up naturally.

Moss Garland (from Martha Stewart). Love the pop of bright green. 

No this is not me.  But I'm kind of digging the tinsel. 

Banister idea: Hang your stockings.  Probably a safer spot with littles in the house.  

Greenery on the mantle.  I saw some fresh stuff on sale at Trader Joes.  

Rather than hanging ornaments on a tree, from a chandelier, or in a jar.....how about under a glass globe?  You probably fill up the globe upside down, put a plate on top, then flip it over. 

Always a favorite.  My mason's are fill with white glitter and either silver pine cones, white trees, or silver doves.  Been in my repertoire for a few year now.  Love it.  They could be filled with any type of holiday trinkets. 

That's it for now.  I'm sure to post more Christmas crafts or DIY soon enough. Happy Decorating!

1 comment:

  1. if you have time, can you do a post on how to decorate for Christmas during the summer (seasons are opposite here). I am turning to a lot of white lately as I want to celebrate both seasons without it being tacky...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...