Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Country Living

I was perusing the latest issue of Country Living and took note of a few things I LOVED. Growing up in the suburbs of DC....Potomac, MD to be exact....we had a forest and river in our backyard and were a stone's throw away to farm country. I would say I was a country girl, but I do think I have some country in me. I love antiquing, I love barns, I love porches, I love farmhouse sinks, I love reclaimed wood, I love the simple decorating of a country home, I love ticking stripe fabric, I love a good cobbler.... the list goes on.

In any case, here are a few of my favorites from the mag.

They had a feature on an Ohio Farmhouse, "the compound" is what friends and family call it.

Guest house....when can I move in?!?


Originally a sugar house, this wisteria-covered beauty is home to candlelit dinner parties.


Garden


I am in LOVE with this bedroom!!!!






A few "Country" recommendations.....

Visiting the Lancaster Central Market....oldest farmers market in the country. If I know anything about Pennsylvania, I know the Amish make some pretty incredible desserts, pretzels, breads and jams. Definitely on my bucket list when we move back East.


Fishs Eddy in NYC....great spot for new and vintage unique kitchen items.



So make some fresh lemonade and look for your nearest true antique hunting spot. Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...