Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Welcome Pin Cushion Princess



My good friend Jen owns her own company, Pin Cushion Princess. She is a talented seamstress and crafter, and her work has been featured on many blogs and even in Weddings magazine. I am thrilled to announce that she is my first sponsor!


To introduce you all to her work, I have included a few pictures of her creatures and had her answer a few questions for me. Be sure to check out her Etsy shop too!!


What got you into sewing? Did you take any formal classes?
I just always wanted new and cute things for my home, and on a tight budget I figured I could make those things I wanted. I did not take any classes. My husband bought me a sewing machine and I taught myself. I did learn lots of fun good tricks from friends though.

What inspires you?
I am inspired by fabric. I know that sounds dorky, but I could spend hours in a fabric store thinking of things to make. I also get inspired by antiques. I love going to estate sales, antique shops and garage sales.
Any tips for those without the talent to sew in staying creative?
Make whatever inspires you. If it makes you happy, then it is worth it.

What is your favorite thing about what you do?
Seeing people smile and get excited about the things I make.

Last but not least, what is your favorite home your house?
I love my upstairs loft. It is where my family likes to hang out and where I sew.

I can tell you that Jen has great taste and is super talented at what she does. She is constantly doing new fun things to her home, so it's always fun to go over and see what project she's working on. Be sure to check out her website and etsy shop.



1 comment:

  1. love that blue/green patchwork.
    come play at moth today... I tagged you in the 6th pic game. xo e

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...