Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Hawaiian Influence


In honor of a recent family to Hawaii, I was inspired to share with you my idea of a perfect Hawaiian Home.

First of all, it would be a one story open-air home (right on the beach of course). High ceilings, a neutral color palette with salmon/coral accents, lots of teak and bamboo, and white linen drapery. Furniture and decor accents would be a mixture of modern, simple lines and asian influences. My old job at Hillsdale Home specializes in selling chinese, indian, and indonesian antiques such as buddah heads, carved wood panels, and other asian casegoods and artifacts.

Trying to find inspiring images of what I am talking about is really difficult! So here's what I've been able to round up. Enjoy!


The key to the house: a wall that opens up either entirely or via large doors/shutters
not quite my vision (imagine dark floors, dark furniture, and a low-to-the-ground bed)...but you get the picture of the yummy white linen drapes and airy bedding!

photo via desiretoinspire


Your own Swiss Family Robinson!



2 comments:

  1. I desperately want a house that has walls/doors that completely open up and make an indoor outdoor living space. I could be very happy with that first home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey brittany! I love your design blog! Im actually just starting one of my own. Once i get it together a bit more, I'll let you know. Can I put your link up on it? thanks! ps- i wanna see pics of the prego belly! do you know if you're having a boy or girl?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...